Jaguar 3.4s-type Manual O/D 1967 British Racing Green
Original UK 1967 car built just before the 'economy' version was launched.
(above - The Jag in 2019)
If you know anything of this car's history prior to 1986, please let me know here.
1986 - 2019 (Previous owner - Portugal)
- 1986 Car exported to Portugal
- 1986 - 1990 (approx)
- Stripped down, new jacking points (4)
- Webasto sun roof fitted
- Bare metal respray in BRG BNA opalescant
- New chrome wire wheels and new tyres
- Interior seats, carpets and door panels refurbished
- Stainless steel exhaust fitted
- New front suspension springs
- New front discs
- 2006: Engine overhauled: new rings, new crankshaft and shells, new oil pump and chain
- Electronic ignition fitted
- New seals on overdrive
- New electric fan fitted
- 2006 - 2019 Dry stored in Portugal, driven occasionally.
2019 - present (Current owner - U.K.)
The current works are being undertaken by classic Jaguar specialists ADR Engineering in Wokingham. The standard of
work is exemplary and the attention to detail continues to amaze me. I could not have picked better engineers.
They can be found at https://www.adr-engineering.co.uk/ or search 'ADR Wokingham'.
- Engine removed and fully serviced
- Front and middle wiring looms removed
- Engine compartment cleaned back and re-sprayed
- Aluminium components polished
- New chromed head bolts and cam cover bolts
- Complete new clutch assembly
- Cooling system - new hoses throughout and stainless steel pipes fitted
- New high-capacity radiator fitted
- Carburettors stripped, serviced and polished
- New front and middle wiring looms fitted
- All new supension bushes front and rear
- All new steering bushes
- New engine, gearbox and exhaust mounts
- Brakes overhauled
- Brake pipes replaced with copper
- New electronic fuel pumps
- Re-chromed body parts
- New alternator
- Negative earth conversion
- New sound system
- Anti-rust treatment throughout
- And yes - the clock actually works!